The State Government Council of the Nebraska Information Technology Commission (NITC) is a 25 member advisory committee composed of agency directors, state IT professionals, and two representatives of the private sector.
The State Government Council is the continuation of a committee created in January 1996 by Executive Order 96-1. That committee was known as the Information Resources Cabinet (IRC). The IRC was re-established as the State Government Council of the Nebraska Information Technology Commission by Executive Order 97-7 in November 1997. Finally, after enactment LB 924 in 1998, the NITC became a statutory body and the NITC chartered the State Government Council to provide direction and oversight for state government information technology vision, goals and policy.
To provide direction and oversight for state government information technology vision, goals and policy.
• Department of Administrative Services
• Department of Banking and Finance
• Department of Correctional Service
• Crime Commission
• Department of Environmental Quality,
• Governor's Policy Research Office
• Department of Health and Human Service
• Department of Labor
• Department of Motor Vehicles
• Department of Natural Resources
• Department of Revenue
• Department of Roads
• State Patrol, Nebraska
• Establish, coordinate, and prioritize technology needs for state agencies;
• Review and make recommendations to the Commission on requests for funds from the Government Technology Collaboration Fund;
• Review and make recommendations to the Commission on agency technology projects requesting funding as part of the state budget process;
• Assist the Commission in developing, reviewing and updating the statewide technology plan;
• Recommend planning and project management procedures for state information technology investments;
• Evaluate and act upon opportunities to more efficiently and effectively deliver government services through the use of information technology;
• Recommend policies, guidelines, and standards for information technology within state government; and
• Such other responsibilities as directed by the Commission.