Podcasting Across Nebraska is a collaborative effort to help Nebraska communities or regional groups develop podcasts which promote tourism, events, recreation, historic sites, and other activities. Through the program, the City of South Sioux City and South Sioux City Public Schools; the Highway 14 Association; the North Platte/Lincoln County Convention and Visitors Bureau; and Panhandle Public Health District and Panhandle Podcasting Partners have received hardware and software as well as training on how to create and produce podcasts. Project partners include the NITC Community Council, University of Nebraska, Network Nebraska, Department of Economic Development, Division of Tourism, Network Nebraska, Technologies Across Nebraska, and Nebraska Lied Main Street program. More information is available at technologiesacrossnebraska.unl.edu.
- Twenty-five podcasts have been created through the program.
- Approximately 30 resource providers were trained at the initial training sessions conducted by the University of Nebraska New Media Center in August 2006.
- 29 individuals from the 4 participating groups received training on podcasting.
- Seven additional training sessions were held, training approximately 100 individuals. Future training sessions are scheduled for Grant, Lincoln, and the Nebraska Rural Institute in Holdrege. Ainsworth and Kimball have expressed interest in a future training session.
- Through a grant from the Digital Story Telling Center, 10 University of Nebraska Extension staff will receive training on podcast production to capture community development in action.
- Participating in the program has made participants more aware of and more interested in other interactive communication technologies. Participants are also more confident about their ability to learn and use other new technologies.
- Podcasting is having a positive effect on participating organizations’ promotional and information dissemination efforts.
Read the final report for more information.
- South Sioux City CardinalCast
- South Sioux City Public Schools Digital Life Podcast
- North Platte/Lincoln Co. Convention and Visitors Bureau podcast
- Panhandle Public Health District and Panhandle Podcasting Partners Podcast
- Highway 14 Association Podcast
- Podcasting Across Nebraska
If you have trouble viewing these episodes, you may need to download QuickTime.
Jan. 25, 2007
Podcasting Across Nebraska participants begin podcast training, receive equipment
Podcast Across Nebraska training kicked off on January 18 with an advanced podcast training session for South Sioux City participants at the University of Nebraska's New Media Center. Lieutenant Govenor Sheehy presented equipment to Lance Martin, Lance Swanson, Danny Bligh, and Greg Koinzan at the end of the training session. (See photos.)
The New Media Center has created a video about their involvement in the Podcasting Across Nebraska program. The video includes footage of the training session for South Sioux City participants.
The North Platte/Lincoln County Convention and Visitors Bureau began training on Feb. 5. (See photos.) The Panhandle Public Health District and their podcasting partners kicked off training on Feb. 6. (See photos.) The Highway 14 Association began training on Feb. 15. (See photos).
Dec. 20, 2006
Lt. Gov. Sheehy announces NITC to assist Local Podcasting efforts
The Podcasting Across Nebraska program will provide hardware and software as well as University of Nebraska Extension training on how to create and produce podcasts to the City of South Sioux City, the Highway 14 Association, the North Platte/Lincoln County Convention and Visitors Bureau, and Panhandle Public Health District. Read the press release.
Podcasting Across Nebraska is not currently accepting applications. The application materials are available to assist communities in preparing applications for any future rounds.
For more information, contact Anne Byers at (402) 471-3805 or e-mail anne.byers at cio.ne.gov.